Sunday, October 11, 2015

Manga VS. Anime

Manga and anime often confuse people because the two entertainment formats are closely related to each other. Manga refers to drawn and read image stories; anime refers animation and is shown on television. Furthermore, there are 3 major differences in terms of artistic vision, length of stories and production.
            Manga is original works of hand drawing with frame of black and white pictures, but some of them are in color. According to DifferenceBetween.info, manga book may not be always published; it can be created everywhere by an individual person who has passion about art and writing. The story can be told through the plot of story lines and multiple issues' conflicts to each other in each chapter. That develops the main issue, which can take place through every book.
Photo courtesy of RED ROMERO RAMOS
            One of the best manga books I would recommend to everyone who is interested in Sherlock Holmes is Detective Conan, as you see the picture on left. This manga comic book is almost reaching the number of 1000 chapters. Readers would be attracted by serious murder cases and mystery stories to be solved. Detective Conan is also animated in the very first chapters, but I believe it works best as manga because I can feel a principle and deduction in every cases. Also manga readers can catch up the latest chapter when it come out right away.
            In contrast, anime is more complicated. It is animated as television series; it tends to be more moving and colorful. According to DifferenceBetween.info, anime production involve to studios, directors, artists, voice actors and all among people working on it. By giving a large number of businesslike professionals, anime tends to be more polished. Also, the storylines of anime could be delayed because it requires the large number of people to give out creative ideas; but it uses the best idea. While manga can be done inexpensively, anime requires the big budget with the best preparation flowing by long time to work on an episode. Sometimes, it takes much longer by using multiple production groups, which results in quality between episodes.
Photo courtesy of A.L.P.H.A
One Piece is the best anime series I would recommend to everyone, as the picture on right. This is also long series, which reaches over 800 volumes. This anime series basically is about the young boy and his friends' adventure into the ocean and exploring for treasures in order to become the Pirate King. It is probably enjoyed very well for anime watchers because of those fantasy action and colorful graphic movement.
Thus, manga and anime are very similar, but they are quite different. Manga tend to be run by an individual author. It also has more steady storylines. Likewise, anime tend to be more polished and expensive in production, but the storylines are often less steady than manga. Overall, they are both very enjoyable in their own ways.

                                                      “Difference Between Anime and Manga." DifferenceBetween.info.
                                                        2015. DifferenceBetween.info. 6 Oct. 2015. Web.

9 comments:

  1. Ha, I have just learned so much from your post. I think prior to reading this, I was included in the group of people who didn't fully understand the differences between these two formats. I love how you included specific examples and pictures of some representative works of manga and anime. This really helps me understand the distinctions. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ha, now I understand the difference between manga and anime. Also thank you for the recommendation about that series, I will keep that on mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, you show me how to know the differences between manga and anime. I will try to read them one day. Thanks you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha I have read anime book, but I have never read manga book. Now I know the difference between these two formats. I am very interested in reading a manga book. Do you know where I can find one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow I always watch anime or read it some but not manga now I get the difference but am looking forward to read mango book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Manga and Anime. Now I can tell the difference. If I have plenty of time, I will read those books. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will surely try to pick up a copy of both next time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never given the opportunity to read a manga book. I always watch anime! Thanks for sharing the difference between manga book and anime.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember seen my brother watch those anime and reading books about it. but i am going to try to go over at least one book.

    ReplyDelete